Monday, February 25, 2008

Distribution for me? The broke budget filmmaker?

OK, He tell’s me; “…so you finished your feature, and it’s all edited, ready to show. Yeah, you are a film maker now, but you’re broke. Frustration sets in as you try again, and again to get distribution for your film and nobody’s buying. You sit outside in the lobby of another tiny backdoor theater in another town and there’s four people inside.
You might wonder if you did the right thing.
Distribution is the stumbling block for many wonderful films that won’t be seen, because of the difficuly in just getting the film in front of the people that could run with it, can be overwhelming, Though with the writer’s strike you could be thinking your chances have increased, and you’re right they have.
But what if you could find a way to reach the audience directly and immediately?
Even arrange a release of your film globally?
…at no cost up front or until you made money from the film?
And what if there was no contract required so you maintain the rights to your film?
…and you determine how much the audience pays to see it?
As a film maker myself I understand your plight and found a solution that I think I can live with.”
So of course I’m all ears.

Here is a sample of what a small group of filmmakers can do with an arri kit and a camera.

No comments: